Recently, I completed a year-long fellowship with The OpEd Project. Their work focuses on training subject experts to increase their public outreach, primarily through journalism such as oped or editorial articles.
During my participation as a Public Voices Fellow , I attended several workshops, collaborated with colleagues, and did a lot of soul-searching about my personal and professional public identity. Most significantly, I also had the opportunity to work one-on-one with coaches whose own journalistic accomplishments are numerous.
Eventually, my op eds were published in places such as Newsweek, Ms. Magazine, and The Hill. You can find a list of my most recent op eds below the image.
- “Work to do: Our full labor history must include Asian Pacific Americans.” 23 June 2022. The Hill. https://thehill.com/opinion/civil-rights/3530314-work-to-do-our-full-labor-history-must-include-asian-pacific-americans/
- “Learn Your Asians: Not All AAPI are the Same.” 9 May 2022. Newsweek. https://www.newsweek.com/learn-your-asians-not-all-aapi-are-same-opinion-1703196
- “Still Here: Why Fair Media Disability Representation Matters.” 18 Apr 2022. The Hill Reporter. https://hillreporter.com/commentary-still-here-why-fair-media-disability-representation-matters-129416
- “Worst of U.S. history should never be forgotten: Remembering Japanese internment camps, 80 years ago today.” New York Daily News. https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/ny-oped-worst-us-history-alive-20220219-vrdmtz6ehrbgvk7xt6hzfl2qfq-story.html
- “This Black History Month, Celebrate Both the Extraordinary and the Ordinary.” 2 Feb 2022. Ms. Magazine. https://msmagazine.com/2022/02/02/black-history-month-women-critical-race-theory/
- “Zora Neale Hurston was Prescient on Race.” 20 Jan 2022. Visible Magazine. https://visiblemagazine.com/zora-neale-hurston-was-prescient-on-race/
- For more on my work on Hurston, see the post on the NEH Institute: Hurston on the Horizon.
- “Five African Novels to Read in 2022.” 4 Jan 2022. Visible Magazine. https://visiblemagazine.com/five-african-novels-to-read-in-2022/
- “Commentary: DeSantis Want to Control Where Children Get Their Information.” 21 Dec 2021. The Hill Reporter. https://hillreporter.com/commentary-desantis-wants-to-control-where-children-get-their-information-120528